Frequently Asked Questions


1. Where do I register to vote?

Residents can register at the Sevier County Courthouse in the County Clerk's office, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. For information, call 870-642-2852

2. Where is City Hall and what are the office hours?

City Hall is located at 220 N. Second Street. Business hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.

3. Can I vote absentee?

Applications for an absentee ballot may be obtained either by phoning 870-642-2852 or visiting the county clerk's office between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.

4. Who do I contact to arrange public utility services?

Phone service -- Windstream Communications, 1-800-501-1754
Water and sewer service -- City Hall at 870-584-3445
Electrical Service -- AEP/SWEPCO, 888-216-3523
Gas service -- Centerpoint Energy, 1-800-992-7552
Cable TV -- Vyve Broadband (405)395-1126

5. Who do I contact to find out about garbage and recycling pickup?

The De Queen Sanitation Department operates four days a week (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday). To find out the garbage pickup schedule, call 870-584-3445 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Sevier County collects paper and plastic for recycling at the Sevier County Jail on Robinson Road in De Queen. Recyclables may be dropped off any time of day or night.

6. When do I need a building permit and how do I obtain one?

For information about building permits, contact the Code Enforcement Office at 870-642-5643.

7. Where do I pay for a traffic ticket?

Traffic tickets may be paid to District Court Clerk Phyllis Price. Her office is located on the second floor of the Sevier County Courthouse.

8. Who do I call if I have a water leak?

If you have a water leak, you should call city hall at 870-584-3445. After hours, call 870-584-7891.

9. Who do I call if I have a sewer problem?

If you have a sewer problem, call De Queen City Hall at 870-584-3445 or after hours call 870-584-7892.



2014 Water Consumer Confidence Report

What's in your drinking water? Click HERE for 2014 Consumer Confidence Report.


Automate your utility bill

Automate your utility bill

If you have your city utility bill bank drafted, you never have to remember to pay utility bills again.

Fireworks in City
fireworksNew Ordinance-
Ordinance 918 restricts fireworks use in the City of De Queen to just four days per year -- Dec. 31, July 3, 4 and 5. For a complete text of the new ordinance, click here